Monday 7 January 2013

DIY Peter Pan Collar Tutorial

Well, I first stumbled upon Peter Pan collars during my visit to shopping stores. They are easy to match with and are detachable. I have been wanting to purchase some but the prices are not cheap! It's like RM29.90 each (like whut?) I really do like these collars, so one day I decided to try and make one myself. I used measurements around my neck and drawing templates to design the collar. 

While I was searching for ideas on the net, I discovered a brilliant DIY website which provides the template on how to make our own collar. You can get the template from the website above as it is simple to cut and is suitable for everyone.

Though I really liked the example given, I couldn't find the hole puncher they needed. Since I had some other materials I had with me, I did a little twist with my own imagination. Heesss.

For me, it would be a Pearl Peter Pan collar to give it that elegant and edgy look.

Here are the materials you will need:


1. Black felt
2. A packet of cream pearls
3. Black yarn
4. Black thread
5. Pins
6. Needle (as fine as possible)
7. A pair of scissors
8. Most importantly, the template!

Let's start, shall we?


 Cut the collar template slowly by securing it on the black felt with the pins.
 You will have two identical sides of the collar. Next, sew the collar sides together at the back with simple stitches so they will attached as one.
 You will need around 23 cream pearls for this collar design. Sew each pearl at each loop. It takes time, so be patient. It's worth it, trust me!
 Turn to the back of the collar and sew a string of yarn at each end, approximately 25cm long. This will be used to tie the collar behind your neck.

Voila! Your DIY Peter Pan collar is completed. Give it a try and put in some of your creativity! I'm sure it would be fun to do it with your friends. You can add in glitter or make it with another felt colour.

If you have any questions, pls do not hesitate to ask. Send me your DIY Peter Pan collar ideas if you have some. Enjoy!


Til then, ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, this one is too cute! very versatile design, thanks for posting this :)
    I also made my own collar necklace, please have a look at:
    http://whatscraftdoc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/party-or-casual-detachable-collars.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. Your design is so versatile :) Would love to try it too someday!

      Delete